Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Casper Sneaks

This past weekend I went to New York City to visit my sister, and obviously ended up doing way too much shopping. Bloomingdales is a serious black hole for me (especially when the salesman was able to con me into opening a credit card). They not only took my money, but took my heart as well. Seeing--and drooling over-- designer merchandise that I could never afford is like taking a toy from an infant... maybe even worse. 

While spending two hours in the shoe department, one particular thing caught my eye.  How was it that every designer now had a version of the sneaker wedge? I swear they were jumping at me like ghosts. Maybe that's why they're called sneakers. Ya know... because they sneak up on you. Although a majority of the designers had recently added the sneaker wedge to their collection, each design was completely different with its own unique twist.  

I bought a pair in the beginning of the summer at TJ MAXX, before I realized how trendy they were becoming. Then a month later, I bought another... I thought I was done after that.   It was not long before I realized that Bloomingdales was a sneaker-wedge Heaven... or I guess in this case, Hell. 

Here are some that I have seen over the past couple months and think are totally rad...

ALDO
SKETCHERS

STEVE MADDEN

VINCE CAMUTO
MICHAEL KORS 
MARC JACOBS


PRADA

JIMMY CHOO


No comments:

Post a Comment